Kamishichiken street is kagai, literally translated as “Flower Town”, leading to Kitano Tenmangu Shrine.
You will feel the town is peaceful and elegant because this is a little far from the central area of Kyoto. Profound Kyoto is full of new discovery.
Have a memorable and wonderful time.
734-1,Shinseicho, kamigyo-ku, Kyoto,Japan
Access by car or taxi
We pick you up and drop you off by private car at check-in and check-out. Please refer to this when you use a car for sightseeing.
- Kyoto station about 20 minutes (6.5km)
- Gion Shijo about 20 minutes (6.0km)
- Saga/Arashiyama about 25 minutes (8.4km)
- Kinkakuji Temple about 9 minutes(2.1km)
- Ginkakuji Temple about 20 minutes(5.7km)
Shops and facilities around KAMISHICHIKEN HITOYADO
The history reform of Kamishichiken is the shrine that Mr. Yoshiue Ashikaga who is the 10th shogun let Mr. Katsumoto Hosokawa built up because of disappearing the part of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine in 1444 according to the old documents records and other legend. The name Kamishichiken means “Seven Upper Houses”, which refer to the seven original teahouses built from leftover equipment and materials when Kitano Tenmangu Shrine was being rebuilt.
After that, in 1587, Mr. Hideyoshi Toyotomi held the big tea ceremony at Kitanomatsubara. He emitted the regulations “Chanoyu nesshin no monoha zyakutou chonin hyakusyo ika no yorazu rakuza wo yurusu”. Because of it, around Kitano area got very active.
At that time, these seven teahouses was Hideyoshi’s rest area.
They game him the famous Mitarashi dango and he really liked. As the prize, he permitted seven teahouses to buy Mitarashi dango.
This is the start of teahouse.
- ①Kitano Tenmangu Shrine
- ②Inishie Massage in Thailand
- ③Oimatsu Japanese sweets shop
- ④Yamashiroya chabo Japanese tea shop/cafe
- ⑤Mori Japanese pickles shop
- ⑥Takimono Ebisu Tsukudani shop
- ⑦Kyuduki Kinomo/Japanese accessories shop
- ⑧Adachi Spell wearing shop
- ⑨Hauru Stained glass studio
- ⑩Matsuhiro Gmaguchi shop
- ⑪Sawaya Japanese sweets shop
- ⑫Toyoukeya Yamamoto Tofu restaurant
- ⑬Hirano Shrine (3 min on foot)
- ⑭Kinkakuji Temple (5 min by car)